upcycle turtleneck into pencil skirt and headband

This isn't a how-to tutorial or anything, but I just wanted to share this project because I have been inspired by so many projects other people share. I have friends and family who give us all their unwanted clothes to use or donate as we see fit.  On the one hand, it's a huge blessing because we're given items we've been making do without. And some of the stuff we upcycle into new furniture and clothes. On the other hand, it's really easy to get buried, especially by items we hold onto for potential upcycling. 
So, when these turtlenecks came into my hands, I was going to donate them. But they are soooo soft and the colors are great to work with.
At first, I thought about making them into underwear, but the fabric doesn't have enough stretch. I also considered making three-quarter length sleeve t-shirts, but I'm really happy with the shirts I have right now.
 After an little brainstorming, I realized that, with minimal alterations, these turtlenecks would make great pencil skirts... And headbands! 
They are far from perfect and they took a lot of tweaking to get a decent fit, but I'm really enjoy wearing them, especially in the hottest part of a desert summer 😬

Comments

Popular Posts